Following a call out for participants in summer, the first NAS Training and Standards Forum took place last week with 14 attendees in total. These included NAS Members, NAS Approved Training Providers, an Honorary Member, and industry associates.
Topics covered included:
- the CITB (England, Scotland and Wales)
- industry accreditation cards (including our own CSCS partner card, Shopfitting and Interior Contracting Competency Scheme – SICCS)
- the HSE’s latest campaign ‘The Control of Dust on Sites’, and the relevant training required
- NVQs relevant to our industry c/o NAS Approved Training Providers and how they link in with industry accreditation cards as above
- and the potential resurrection of the CITB Site Safety Plus 3-day course entitled Site Safety for Shopfitters and Interior Contractors (SSSIC).
The discussion was engaging and insightful, and we are looking forward to the second Training and Standards Forum on 15 January 2021.
Following the success of this launch, we are now looking to set up a second NAS Forum on industry pain points within the shopfitting and fit-out sector.
We believe we are stronger when working together, and having a clear understanding of the pain points our shopfitting and fit-out members are facing will help the NAS Team to better plan how best we can help combat these. It is likely that this forum will meet online via Zoom on a quarterly basis.
At this stage there is no commitment required, we simply want to hear from you if you’re interested in joining our industry pain points forum by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll be in touch.