Shopfitting and Interior Contracting Skills Cards
If you work in the shopfitting and interior contractors’ sector you must prove competency for the role you specialise in and hold a suitable competency card to gain access to site. SICCS is the Shopfitting, and Interior Contractors Card Scheme and this card requirement is mandatory. SICCS is managed by the NAS and are the only CSCS partners that issue this card. The SICCS cards are digital only, will bear the CSCS logo and are validated through the Smart Checker system on site. Whether applying for the first time or renewing an existing card, you have come to the right place. You will never be asked to pay more than £30 (plus VAT) for an SICCS card. Applications must be made online, please read your checklist below before applying.
- Full name and home address
- Photograph – a clear head and shoulder image with a white or plain background
- Date of birth and National Insurance Number
- Scanned or photographed evidence of occupational aligned qualification
- E-mail address and phone number
- CITB Health Safety & Environment test ID
- As above when applying on behalf of an employee.
- Employers must complete the form using the applicant’s details only.
- When making a payment you must use the applicant’s name as a reference.
Check the Frequently Asked Questions section for more information.
On submission of all relevant documents, we anticipate your new SICCS card will be ready within 5 to 10 business days.
Click on the card title below to see eligibility details.
- CITB Health, Safety and Environment test is required at Operative level
- Minimum qualification required: NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Wood Occupations (Construction) – Shopfitting Site Work
- Your card will be valid for 3 years
- Renewal is possible
- Trainee cards are available
- Cost £30 (plus VAT)
Frequently Asked Questions
SICCS is a digital card only. In March 2022, all construction related card schemes now offer a digital card therefore all sites will have the capability to scan a digital QR code.
All skilled worker card must take the Operatives Health, Safety, and Environment touch screen test.
If you have lost your certificate, we can accept an image your current/expired CSCS card. We must have an image of the front and back of this card to prove it belongs to you.
To replace your certificates, you can contact the awarding body (i.e., City & Guilds) and they can provide you with a replacement certificate.
Apprentice SICCS cards are free for NAS Members and £5 for non-members, all other SICCS cards cost £30 (plus VAT).
The NAS and CSCS Partnership
The NAS is a member of the CSCS Alliance, the collective voice of the 38 partnership card schemes that display the CSCS logo. All cards displaying the logo operate with nationally recognised qualifications in place for all occupations and provide assurance that over two million UK construction workers are trained and qualified for the job they do on site. The CSCS Alliance continues to monitor the Building Safety Act closely, particularly in relation to the need for construction workers to demonstrate their ongoing skills and training.
Third Party Notification
The NAS relaunched the SICCS scheme in 2021 and, with CSCS approval, took over the management of shopfitting cards. If you are applying on behalf of an applicant, you must complete the form using the applicants details only. When making a payment you must use the applicants name as a reference.
SICCS does not work with any third-party companies offering HS&E tests and cards.