We are delighted that the NAS has been successful in a recent £25k CITB GB funding bid, enabling us to offer our members substantially discounted training. Specific criteria apply and can be found below.
Using our understanding of our members’ future training needs, we have organised training into three waves to coincide with the funding installments. The NAS has limited access to these funds and therefore all training must be completed before the funding ends in March 2021.
The NAS will contribute 50% towards the cost of training under this scheme.
This funding can only be used towards CITB Grant Eligible Training which we have carefully selected the below courses from. The NAS will subsidise the training using this funding. We have provided an example below based on the cost of an SMSTS course.
- The full RRP of SMSTS is £627 (ex VAT).
- The price for a NAS Member is normally £400 due to the preferential rates we get from our Approved Training Providers.
- The NAS’ contribution will be £200 (50%), leaving the NAS member to pay £200 (50%) plus a £16 booking fee.
NAS members will also be able to claim £120 from the CITB Skills and Training Fund – meaning the total cost to their business will be £80 plus the booking fee.
The full pricing list can be found here.
Below you will see the three, two-month long waves, including what courses are available, and in brackets the provider of the course:
Wave one – Oct-Nov 2020
Asbestos Awareness (UKATA)
SSSTS Refresher (CITB Site Safety Plus) – CITB Covid related extensions end November 2020
SMSTS Refresher (CITB Site Safety Plus) – CITB Covid related extensions end November 2020
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)
Dust Management (CITB)
Wave two – Dec 2020-Jan 2021
Health & Safety Awareness (CITB Site Safety Plus)
SSSTS (CITB Site Safety Plus)
IPAF Operator Course 3a and 3b (IPAF)
Ladder and Step Ladder User Course (Ladder Association)
Towers for Users (PASMA)
Wood Machine Operations – Jointing (Didac)
Wave three – Feb-Mar 2021
SMSTS (CITB Site Safety Plus)
Abrasive Wheels (British Abrasives Federation)
Mental Health Awareness (MHFA England)
All training will attach to an industry recognised accreditation, and a majority will be delivered online via virtual classroom.
We expect high demand for these training courses given the substantial discount (50% off NAS member rates), therefore to avoid disappointment we encourage NAS members to get in touch as soon as possible regarding any training from the above list that you/your employees would like to take. Places will be fairly distributed, whilst also taking into consideration the accrediting bodies suggested minimum and maximum attendee numbers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the course/s you’re interested in, and an estimate number of attendees from your business.
Any underspend in wave one will impact us being able to offer training from wave two and three, so do not delay in registering your interest. We want to be able to help support and develop as many of our members as possible through this initiative!
As we are using grant funding, we are unable to issue refunds or offer a deposit scheme. As such, payment must be received in full before a booking will be confirmed.
The first course, UKATA Asbestos Awareness (by virtual classroom), will be running on Monday 12 October.
Specific criteria for accessing any of the above training is, as follows:
- Must be a NAS Member
- Must be a registered CITB England, Scotland and Wales Levy payer (Levy payments up to date – with Covid extensions in mind)
- NAS Member to provide NAS Training Manager their seven-digit CITB Levy No.
- CITB grant for the above courses can be claimed in the usual manner via your CITB Skills and Training fund. Please ensure you do not duplicate entries.
*50% Contribution by NAS:
- The £25K CITB Funding awarded to the NAS will pay a percentage towards Training Provider Invoices and will not include any CITB Grant (to prevent duplicate claiming). Drawing down the grant with the relevant ‘GET’ Code falls to the NAS Member.
- In the unlikely event of the CITB Grant exceeding the 50% NAS Member contribution a small percentage adjustment will be made.
Click this link to find out how much CITB Grant your course attracts (& relevant GET CODES).