Edit: This news item was updated on 19 September 2019 to include dates and locations of the recently released CITB skills and training fund workshops. Please find these at the bottom of the article.
Are you a small construction CITB registered employer with 99 (or less) directly employed staff on the payroll?
If so, you may be eligible to claim between £5,000-£10,000 from the CITB Skills and Training Fund.
Employers can apply for funding once every 12 months.
- Employers with 1 to 49 directly employed staff can receive up to £5,000.
- Employers with 50 to 74 directly employed staff can receive up to £7,500.
- Employers with 75 to 99 directly employed staff can receive up to £10,000.
- can train up your team(s) and contribute towards their development.
- will equip them with the vital skills to grow your business.
- can help towards specific projects relating to careers, innovation and training.
- provides assistance for micro and small construction companies to develop a stronger skills base.
- provides an extra incentive for companies to access CITB grant eligible training.
- will consider applications from 01.04.2019 – 29.03.2020. You can submit an application at any time during this period.
Please see details of when applications will be considered:
- 30 Aug 2019
- 30 Sept 2019
- 31 Oct 2019
- 29 Nov 2019
- 31 Jan 2020
- 28 Feb 2020
- 29 March 2019
How to apply:
To apply for funding, follow the guidance notes provided in the Skills and Training application form.
To complete and submit the form, you should:
- Download the application form and save it to your computer.
- Complete all fields.
- Ensure that you regularly save this application to your desktop to prevent loss of data.
- Save and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A case study
On page 10 of the CITB’s Annual Review 2018-19 you can find a Skills and Training Fund Story. Lee Bilson, Heritage & Conservation Consultant at Recclesia, said: “The funding from CITB is integral for our staff and our business to grow, and has helped us implement our training schedule in a fully inclusive manner. Our team is our business and needs to be the best it possibly can be. Everyone at Recclesia is supporting one another’s development and learning from each other, which is securing traditional conservation skills and craftsmanship for the future.”
NAS Training Manager, Lorraine Shepherd, can direct you to your local CITB advisor. She can be contacted on email@example.com or 01883 624961 / 07935 755460.
Have questions on how to apply?
Then why not register now to attend your local CITB skills and training fund workshops:
10th October 2019: Southampton https://lnkd.in/dQaQHdg
15th October 2019: Portsmouth https://lnkd.in/dpGBGeA
22nd October 2019: Crawley https://lnkd.in/dGxKm_w (Our Training Manager Lorraine Shepherd will be in attendance).
23rd October 2019: Brighton https://lnkd.in/d2NPEMt
6th November 2019: Reading https://lnkd.in/d5ezpkJ
12th November 2019: Oxford https://lnkd.in/dSST-9R
13th November 2019: Ripley https://lnkd.in/dEuTj9G
14th November 2019: Basingstoke https://lnkd.in/dsDg_5w