An opportunity has arisen to work for a professional organisation within the Shopfitting, fit-out and Interior Contracting sector as Training Manager.
You will have a background in training, project management, or human resources and will care about delivering the best outcomes for your clients. You will be a strong communicator, who works collaboratively, but also enjoys being hands-on. You may have knowledge of shopfitting, the construction sector, trade associations, and industry training boards; if not, you will be determined to embrace a new sector and make a difference.
The purpose of the role is to design and deliver the Association’s Skills strategy – with the aim of collecting, collating, analysing and working to address our Members’ current and future training needs, ensuring these align with the requirements of the wider construction industry.
The post holder will play a key role in raising the profile of the Association, growing its reputation, and helping it on its way to being seen as a best-in-class trade association. This will be achieved by:
- Acting as a lead officer for the NAS’ specialist training group, working with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) to agree objectives and a delivery plan
- Ensuring government training and qualification initiatives are incorporated in the NAS’ skills strategy.
- Providing support to members in all aspects involving training and qualifications.
- Monitoring the quality of training provision and suggesting improvements.
- Representing the interests of the membership at meetings on skills.
25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays). Flexible working options available upon successful probation. Highstreet, airport parking, and hotel discounts. Discounted gym membership. Employee advice programme. Cycle to work scheme. Commitment to staff learning and development with a dedicated budget. Supporting and friendly work culture. Company closure over festive period.
Home based / Occasional shared working in London
- Recognised qualifications in Training and Development Learning and/or Further and Adult Education Teachers Certificate and/or Project Management and/or Human Resources Development.
- At least two years’ relevant experience, preferably within a B2B or Trade Association environment.
- Demonstrable success in designing and delivering training and development activities.
- Demonstrable success in completing training needs analysis.
- Demonstrable success in applying for and securing funding.
- Experience of supporting an organisation by contributing to:
- strategic and operational plans
- budget awareness/management
- client facing meetings
- analysis and evaluation.
- Experience of successfully influencing and building relationships within an organisation
- Ability to develop and manage effective client and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong strategic thinker with commercial nous and ability to devise and initiate impactful strategies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to persuade and influence at a senior level both internally and externally.
- Ability to build strong connections and constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Consultative approach, involving stakeholders appropriately in decision-making.
- Commercially aware with the ability to effectively position the organisation.
- Well-developed evaluative, analytical and interpretation skills.
- Highly IT literate.
- Ability to plan for the Training Group in line with CITB’s KPIs
- Equivalent works experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Ability to inform Board-level strategic debates and decision-making.
- Experience of working with the CITB, or an equivalent organisation.
- Knowledge of the shopfitting/fitout sector.
- Experience of evaluating the quality of training and development activities.
- Experience in managing external consultants/suppliers.
- Interest in Trade Associations or Membership organisations.
- Full, clean driving licence valid in the UK