This scheme is for employers. You can claim back up to 2 weeks of Statutory Sick Pay if:
- you have already paid your employee’s sick pay (use the Statutory Sick Pay calculator to work out how much to pay)
- you’re claiming for an employee who’s eligible for sick pay due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you have a PAYE payroll scheme that was created and started on or before 30 November 2021
- you had fewer than 250 employees on 30 November 2021 across all your PAYE payroll schemes
The maximum number of employees you can claim for is the number you had across your PAYE schemes on 30 November 2021. Employees do not have to give you a doctor’s fit note for you to make a claim.
If your employee is self-isolating and cannot work because of COVID-19, you can ask them to give you an isolation note from NHS 111.
The scheme covers all types of employment contracts, including:
- full-time employees
- part-time employees
- employees on agency contracts
- employees on flexible or zero-hour contracts
- fixed term contracts (until the date their contract ends)